Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Roman, from South Africa I bought Audi Q7 3.0tdi last month

Customer Question

Hi Roman, I am Godfrey from South Africa I bought Audi Q7 3.0tdi last month and had a power problem, glow plug light was flashing, so I read some of the threads with similar problem and i checked the car and i found that Airflow meter pipe to turbo was not tide up; breather pipe pushing oil to Turbo and goes in to Intercoolers back to the inlet;egr and out to the exhaust which caused big cloud of smoke. I then cleaned all pipes from turbo to intercoolers, drained about 2 liters oil from intercoolers, cleaned egr, took out injectors and glow plgs cleaned them also even inlet manufaulds. I put everything together but car does not want to start only turning and i even bought a new battery cause the other one was old. Please help me Roman
Category: Audi
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.May I ask, have you bled the fuel system of air since you had the injectors out?Let me know and I'll continue and try to assist.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I have not bled the system because I don't know how since this is a new model car. Maybe you can give me a guideline on how to do bled it.
I'm sorry. I thought I had the schematics for your car. I can't find them. So I'll opt out and hope someone does. I'm really sorry bout that. But I'll continue to look and if I find them I'll chime back in if someone hasn't by then.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information .

first was a scan test performed to see what codes are stored in the ecu (due to the flashing glow plug light)

second did you remove the injector feed pipes when you cleaned out the intake pipes and manifolds?

third, i do need a photograph of the options sticker in the back where the spare tire is located (white 3 x 5 in size)

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang, at first before when glow plug light was flashing; bad smoke and power problem we scanned the car and got code P0299 Turbo Underboost then I checked the turbo and found that airflow meter loose no screws; breather was pushing oil in to turbo impeller out to the intercoolers and back to the throttle via egr and inlets manifolds out to the exhaust big smoke. I then cleaned the whole system obviously diesel line to injectors was removed to take out inlet manifolds, I also took out about 2 liters of oil from one of the intercooler. After I assembled everything the car didn't start plus the battery was low so I bought a new battery Exide 658, we scanned again and found P0087 Fuel Rail System pressure too low and P0299, these two codes were cleared since and another code popped up P2011 Inlet Swirl Flap but according to other Audi experts the car should start. I don't know if I gave you info you wanted.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

ok what scan tool you have? make and model please. thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The guy who came to scan the car used VGate MaxiScan VS890