AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

2003 audi A6 2.7T AUTO, 148K , P0103 comes back quick. Has

Customer Question

2003 audi A6 2.7T AUTO, 148K , P0103 comes back quick. Has new Maf and connector. Good b+, good 5 volt ref , jumpered ground directly to battery with no effect. Smoked intake, not finding current leaks. Code sets with fuel trim still at -.6 long term both banks. Signal out of Maf is .8 volts at idle. Does that jive with a reading on the scanner of 6.5 g/sec at idle? Trying to find the signal wire at the Pcm looks like a nightmare. Is there a trick to smoke testing this vehicle so that you don't miss anything?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

at idle maf should read 3 grams/sec

i do need a pic of the connector and wiring to the connector . and then i need a pic of the female end of the connector so i can see the terminals please.