Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

A4 convertible 2003. The nsf window will not operate. Lights

Customer Question

A4 convertible 2003. The nsf window will not operate. Lights come on on the switches when the main lights are on, the motor is ok, you can hear (what I assume is a relay on the pcb attached to the window motor) clicks, but no voltage being sent to the motor. Is doesn't work on any of the switches. Occasionally it decides to work but only for a few minutes and usuall requires me to manually close it.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 92000, sometimes it takes 3 turns of the key to start it but this is recent, window problem has been ongoing for 2 years
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New window motor, new nsf widow switch, checked voltage to motor. Had a look on forums, nothing conclusive there, I have read about another relay but no one seems to know what's written on it or where it is
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: Fps fog light bulb blown, other than that nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

I will look up what I have on it and send it to you , it might be few grs , until I reach my office and get on my desktop

if thats okay with you , i m on my iphone now , hard to look up info on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer )

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's ok

ok sound great , and tell me anything additional you may think of that happened that could be related ,any prior work or electrical issues ?

talk to you soon

Chad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are no other issues. About 18 months ago it stopped working, I fitted a replacement motor, still doesn't work. When the main lights are switched on the switches illuminate, occasionally it works for a few seconds then stops. When the switches are push to open the window a relay on the pcb attached to the motor clicks but no power to the motor. The red and blue wire to the pcb is live but the voltage varies between 10 and 12 volts
This module unders driver seat carpet ( it is called : (comfort system central control module )(basically have to take seats out then take carpet it is under there , this controls the motor reguraltor ,
And bunch other stuff, they are known for going bad , it is black plastic module , u need to check the connector and check it for water intrusion, u can literally open up the plastic cover casing and look inside of itLet me knowThere is other bunch stuff we need to check ,but check this first ,maybe you get lucky , I changed a bunch of those , but not necessarily your problem, I read what u wrote about all what is going on , it is wiring issue or that module ,now finding it is the fun partLet me know
Chad Farhat (aka-Jhook1398)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As I'm in the uk and it's right hand drive will it still be under the drivers seat

that is a good question :) , i believe so , but dont hold me to it , if you reach out and felt the carpet you will feel an area higher indicating where it is , it is actually inside a bigger box ,so you unhook one and open it and the one i m talking about is inside of it .

sorry the diagram actually show it the first one i sent you how it sit in another box.