AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2012 Audi A6 2.0, 52,000 miles, with a peculiar

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Audi A6 2.0, 52,000 miles, with a peculiar problem. On March 4th, The Audi dealership, I use for repairs on my car, told me my battery needed replacement. Cost $485.00 including reprogramming of the keys and systems. About three weeks ago, i started to have problems starting the car. It would say "stabilization program fault. Check Owner's Manual." I would wait until all of the lights etc turn off, try to start the car, and it would start with no problems. Just yesterday, check engine light started going on and off. What gives?? Also what type of service is due at this time for the car, other than an oil change? HELP?? Howard, San Antonio, Tx.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Sorry for the long delay, are you still seeking help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
call Lowe's store San Antonio I-10 and 1604 sorry, I was in Houston at a pain conference. The question is pretty self-explanatory what's going on is in the question I need to know if you have any experience with that type of a fault and what type of service is needed on my car with 51000 miles call Lowe's store San Antonio I-10 and 1604 other than oil changes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry my phone is a problem

Do you have the ability to have the car scanned to see which codes are stored? Most parts stores will do that for free.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can get it scanned. It did the same thing today. After sitting all night, I tried to start the car and ti gave STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM FAULT, CONSULT OWNER'S MANUAL. THEN IT WENT THROUGH A SERIES OF SERIES OF FAULT LIGHTS FOR PARKING BRAKE, TIRE PRESSURE CONTROL SYSTEM, BRAKE SYSTEM. THE DASH LIGHT KEPT COMING ON AND OFF AND AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES, STOPPED. I HIT THE START BUTTON AND THE ELECTRICITY TURNED OFF. LET IT SIT FOR A MINUTE AND THEN IT STARTED RIGHT UP.

Thanks, ***** ***** get it scanned then reply. This will prevent me from diagnosing by symptoms so I can get you a more accurate diag with the codes.