Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, and it has the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, and it has the performance chip tuning. Recently the check engine light and the traction control lights have been coming on together and the car loses significant power until I can restart it several times to resolve the issue and turn off the warnings. I had it in to the dealership for a week and they were unable to fix the issue - they suspect it may need a brand new ECU. More recently, when I start the car and those warnings come on, the power appears to flicker slightly on the gear shifter (auto shifter)
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: approximately 200km
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I take the car in for regular servicing, no I won't fix it myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: That's about it. Turning the ignition off then on again, usually a few times seems to reset the issue and the car runs normally, sometimes for hours
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

There are about 500 possible codes which can store when the CEL comes on and about 60 possible codes when the ABS related light comes on. Has anyone told you what codes were stored so I have something to diagnose this by rather than symptoms alone?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.