AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

2014 A6 sunroof is off the track on the left side. : When

Customer Question

2014 A6 sunroof is off the track on the left side.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When sitting in drivers seat, the left side of the sunroof has come off he track. Won't close.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 2014 A6
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: Not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Hoping to avoid Audi
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 6 months ago.

You should still be under warranty- in which case the dealer would fix it for free, and you can be sure of the repair- but let's assess this.

is this a "panorama" sunroof (entire length of roof?)

Is the sunroof GLASS actually off, is the rail that it sits on popped out somehow? Does one side sit lower than the other?

Or are we talking about the sunshade inside that you can close to block light from the sunroof?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not a panorama.
Car has 70k mikes. Out of warranty.
Not the sunshade.
Motor works.
When I try and move it forward it comes off the track on the left side and won't close all the way. Probably about 6" short of closing.I've taken to a foreign car guy that I've used in the past, and he said he couldn't help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Glass is not off.
Seems like their is a track issue towards the front on the left hand side.

Do you think you could add a picture of it? I haven't had an issue with these other than the shade, and talked to some other guys to see if they had seen issues.