AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

I have an old convertible audi. The trunk won't latch

Customer Question

Hi I have an old convertible audi. The trunk won't latch for some reason, so the top will not come down, because the trunk must indicate open. Can I disconnect the trunk some way, so that I can get the top to come down?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried fixing the trunk latch, but it appears to be operating. It springs. I don't even care about the use of the trunk if there would be a way for me to somehow get it to read "closed" so I could put the top down.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: I also looked at the fuse, and it seems to be good. thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.

Automatic or Manual Trans?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2003, A4 automatic
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will try to assist you , have you retrieved any codes from the conv top module ?

is the cluster display indicating trunk is open ?

did your conv top stopped working in mid cycle , have u done a manual reset to start the cycle again ?

does your remote key open the trunk or u have to open manual by inserting key in rear trunk cylinder ?

how did u try fixing latch ?

have u checked fuses and is there power coming to latch actuator ?

let me know

Chad F