AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2001 Audi TT quattro. My temp guage will come on

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Audi TT quattro. My temp guage will come on shortly after I drive and show it is running hot, but it is not running hot. I have replaced everything on this car, sensors, timing belt kits, temp sensor, thermostat, when it shows overheating the air conditioner will also not cool. I have had this car everywhere and no one can fix it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level.In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return.I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it. Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do you have VAG COM scan tool (VCDS)? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but taking back to repair shop tonight
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
there are values needed to check at the cluster with the scan tool to isolate the issue that is the reason why the scan tool question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the issue with the cluster itself or is it a sensor issue? I am an individual, I'm not the mechanic. I will be taking to shop today so he can hook up to computer.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
it could be wiring and could be a cluster( cluster known for issues internally of pcb board loose soldier joints causing stange things) the wiring needs to be checked first