Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Hey how are you? i was out of town when one of my children

Customer Question

Hey how are you? i was out of town when one of my children wrecked my Audi A7 its a 2013. The airbags deployed and im trying to find out what date and time this occured becuase i feel like theyre lying to me about who was driving the car. Is it possible to find out the exact day and time that the accident occured so i can have a better idea of who wrecked the car?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No i dont plan on fixing this myself we need new airbags
JA: OK! The Audi Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: Not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
You will need to see your Dealer for Event data recorder, as the only other source would be Bosh Corporation's Crash Data Retrieval System (CDR).This system acts as an interface allowing a PC to be connected to the DLC or directly to the airbag module to read the data.Event Data is downloaded in code.I do not show any way to connect for 2013 A7, but it may have changed since
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was reading up on the Event Data recorder and it says that theyre not in the 2013 models. I also read that CDR will show that the airbag deployed but not the exact date and time is that true? So i will have to get it moved to a dealership or would a regular repair shop be able to help me?
I was reading up on the Event Data recorder and it says that theyre not in the 2013 models. I also read that CDR will show that the airbag deployed but not the exact date and time is that true?correct......as that is what I show, but I have not worked for Dealer for about 1 1/2 years & things do change, that is why I suggested to contact Dealer just in case.Was there any Police Reports, witnesses or area Recorders like at gas station, store etc?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it happened in a small neighborhood so theyre werent any witnesses. Okay who should I ask to speak with when I call the dealership a mechanic? Do you still work on Audis as well? I also have a Q7 thats a 2013 that needs work done as well it was wrecked as well but when the wreck occured the insurance had lapsed so i wasnt covered for it so its just sitting in my drive way and now I have to get it fixed being that my children just wrecked my other car.
I will always work on Audis & other models, as working fir Audi a number of years you do get a little burned out.let me know if you need further