AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

I ran out of gas. took the fuel pump off. the fuel pump was

Customer Question

i ran out of gas. took the fuel pump off. the fuel pump was working. replaced the fuel lines and washed the gas tank out now the fuel pump does not work. the car will not do anything except the fan comes on without the car being on. the oil pressure light is on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no i dont have a code.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Audi Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes def dont have the money for a dealership
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace the fuel lines and clean gas and tank.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: i thought when i ran it out of gas trying to get to my grandmothers because she was passing that was all this would be to it but it has lead to all this. so i really dont know what else to say or think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
Hi,what is the year and model of your Audi?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2006 a4 audi 2.0t and its been like this since march 18
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it had bad gas placed in it and all that was cleaned and the tank and today placed new gas in it. before the fuel pump was taking off it was working. just replaced the fuel lines on it and put the fuel pump back on. now nothing is working and if the batter is plugged up without it being turned on the fan just comes on and you can open the door, switch the key on and the fan will go off but will come back on few minutes later.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Did you disconnect the battery before doing this work?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the battery was dead before all this was done today. then the battery was charged and tried to see if good fuel would come to the deliver pump and there is not fire.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Ok, give me a couple of minutes to pull the schematics and see where the issue may lay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I only have about 1/4 of the power and ground diagrams with alot missing
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. I do need some more information!! please let me know!! Wolfgangi do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to get the factory repair information to assist.i do need to know when you turn the key on and pay attention to the instrument cluster.... does the check engine light come on ? a pic of the cluster will help out alot!!any other recent work performed before this came about?any recent accidents before this occurred?