peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2009 A4 convertible top wont go down or up if put down manually. JA:

Customer Question

2009 A4 convertible top wont go down or up if put down manually.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: convertible top stopped working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: loveto
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Audi Mechanic?
Customer: it was working in September, in october it started failing. Now I'm trying it again, no go.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to a fault with one of the limit switches/position sensors for the top itself as I have seen fail in the past before needing replaced.I would have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool to see if any codes are set in any of the computers to see if a sensor needs replaced.You may need to have the sensor signals checked as well by monitoring the data from the sensors with a scan tool to locate one that is sending incorrect into needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete