Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

While placing a flea market 'find' in the front seat of my

Customer Question

while placing a flea market 'find' in the front seat of my 2006 Audi A4, it bumped the rearview mirror and knocked the assembly off---the clamps, etc are all still clued firmly to the glass and none of the clamps are bent or broken. I just cannot seem to figure out how to line up the clamps to get the mirror assembly to lock back up onto the assembly.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes absolutely Also--I have the rearview mirror that does the auto dimming and compass
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Rotating the mirror assembly appx 25-30 degrees clockwise and lining up the 3 little prong-like clamps.
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: I don't think so--its in great shape. I've made no after market changes to it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern. Prior to me getting started I need to know if you still need help even though it took us a long time to get to you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Moose,Yes. I still need assistance---I have been able to rotate the clamp/mirror assembly about 30 degrees clockwise and can get 1 of the clamps to hold (sort of). Just can't seem to figure out the correct degree of rotation or clock/counter-clock wise rotation that would line them all back up again and lock the mirror assembly back in place into the bracket--with is not damaged and is completely well secured to the inside of the windshield. Tia! Melissa
Below are the steps I have, do they match your model?https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/a4mirror.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Moose--
I'm sorry, but the rear view mirror schematic you sent is not the version I have on my 2006 Audi A4 Quattro. The rear view mirror on my vehicle has the automatic compass and automatic dimming features. The assembly that connects to the windshield base looks something like a large tear drop shape. Please
Advise if it would be helpful for--or possible--for me to upload a photo for you. Thanks! Melissa
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Maybe this photo wil help yoi
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you*
Sorry those are all the steps I have. I will opt out.