Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Where would I locate parts ggt cvt transmission in

Customer Question

where would I locate parts for the ggt cvt transmission in my audi a4
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the audi is a 2003
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 11 months ago.
Hello, are you just looking to buy replacement parts?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yea I would do the rebuild "parts swap" if I could find the parts but I don't know who sells them all the parts I find are for the 01J trans. Would those work for the GGT
No they would not work for the GGT. As far as rebuilding it, I would not do anything but factory Audi parts. It would not be worth the risk of taking it apart to that extent and having an aftermarket part fail. Also, I do not know of any aftermarket places that sell internal parts for the transmission. That is a manufacturer only part for most vehicles. Best bet is go to your local Audi dealership and get parts from them.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
so the audi dealership sells internal parts for this cvt transmission that we are talking about the ggt??
Yes they may not stock them but they can order them. Just make sure you have your VIN when you go in there.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do you think would be causing the grinding noise from the transmission when I take off from a stop?
Grinding noise is usually a differential bearing but impossible to tell for sure without disassembly.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
could it posb be the fwd drive clutches?
Unlikely, the clutches would just cause a slip
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok I will call the local dealer tomorrow and get back with you thanks
Alright.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.