internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing Audi vehicles for over 15 years. I specialized in German diagnostic.
63512786

My windows wont go up or down fuse ok replaced control panel

Customer Question

My windows wont go up or down fuse ok replaced control panel on door still not working but also all interior lights not working as well
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The electric windows aren't working as with all interior lights. Looking to see where the relays are located audi a6 all road 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looked at fuses all ok replaced control unit in door handle
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  internal88 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon - Audi tech.Is there a power going into the window regulator and motor?If yes, the problem is the window regulator. The window regulator is a common failure part that is located inside the door. The regulator and the motor comes in as an assembly. You will have to remove the door panel to access it.The part will cost you around $180.Please rate me positive, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would that be the drivers door. I have replaced the control panel also all my interior lights are off could this be all connected. Fuses all good
Expert:  internal88 replied 6 months ago.
Yes, replace the regulator where the window is not working.