peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi A7: I have a 2013 A7 and am getting a headlight / main

Customer Question

I have a 2013 A7 and am getting a headlight / main beam warning. It appears the right front headlight bulb is out. That being said, I noticed the light is intermittent and when it does work, it does not appear to be as bright as the left headlight, than will go out after a few minutes. I'm assuming the bulb is going out...
I have a couple of questions:
1. Is the D3S the correct bulb replacement?
2. What is the OEM replacement temperature? 4300k or 6000k? - I see a number of different bulbs online, but at different temps. Only in a couple of sites have I seen 4300k referenced as the standard OEM replacement for the Audi, so want to confirm.
3. Do you have OEM instructions explaining how to gain access to and change the bulb? I found a site which speaks to gaining access via the tire wheel well, so want to clarify.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I show a part number of N10721805 for this bulb and you want to make sure you get the correct bulb.This is a $175 bulb unfortunately.You will need to remove the wheel well liner to access the bulb for replacement as shown below.If you want the full replacement info on this here let me know.https://www.dropbox.com/s/t400p8tiqn2wi34/wh-05-10.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have answers to questions 1 and 2?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the info on the bulb type or temperature.If you would like I can open your question for other here to see if anyone else has this info just let me know. Thanks Pete