sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have issue with my audi A4 2010 quattro AC fan blower, I

Customer Question

I have issue with my audi A4 2010 quattro AC fan blower, I realized that if I Park the car on sun for more than two hours the AC fan blower will stop working and when the car cools for like 5 hours under the shade, the AC fan blower will start working, can you please help me with a solution, thanks
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes Ma
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have removed the fan blower and test it directly with 12v DC and it works so I don't think is the fan blower and I also checked all the fuses I found out that all the fuses are intact
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: Yes
JA: What else should I tell the Audi Mechanic?
Customer: The parking brake malfunction
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It will take some electrical testing to know for sure what is going on but if the lower motor works normally when supplied with power and ground at the time it won't operate in the vehicle, then the most likely cause for it not working would be the blower motor controller. The blower motor controller is a solid state relay that is sent a signal from the climate control module and the controller is what actually supplies power and ground to the blower motor. You could have a wring or connection issue or it could be the climate control module, but the blower motor controller would be most likely if the bower motor is good.