Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Audi A4 Quattro: I have a 2004 audi a4 that speedometer doesnt

Customer Question

I have a 2004 audi a4 that speedometer doesnt work and hazard flashers come on for 15 min when you open the door. drains battery down when off. replaced body control module with two different ones, made problems worse. have a scanner cleared out codes and modules, the trans was even in limpmode one time. since been cleared out.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are having with the speedometer can be caused by any of the following, Failed ABS Control Module J104 WiringDefective Antilock Brake System (ABS) Control Module J104Defective Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)Improperly Installed Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)Failed Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) WiringIn order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/SpeedometerMay%207.pdf