Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

I have a 2016 SQ5.... reason...the rear tailgate has

Customer Question

I have a 2016 SQ5....for some reason...the rear tailgate has stopped functionally suddenly. Wont open automatically with any button and will not close with the rear close button.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: very strange...was wolfing perfectly earlier today.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible yes.
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: nope...bascally brand new.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rear automatic tailgate was working fine on my 2016 SQ5. Tonight, I spend the rear hatch and then for some reason, the close button on the rear door =bcame non-functional.....doror wouldn't close. I had to close the rear door manually. Now, the rear door will not open or close automatically with any button.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO DTC's have been registered. I checked with my scanner.
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 7 months ago.
Since you had to close it manually you will need to have the basic settings reset on it some how it went out of settings this needs to be done with a factory audi scan tool . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback/rating thank you