peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.

My 2005 audi a6 stereo system will randomly restart itself JA:

Customer Question

my 2005 audi a6 stereo system will randomly restart itself
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the stereo freezes and doesnt allow me to do anything with it until it turns itself off then back on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing i can think of will fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: a couple buttons dont open the trunk and the computer is telling me the daytime running right headlight isnt working when it is working properly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The fault you have here is usually due to an internal electrical fault in the radio itself.In some cases a dealer may be able to reprogram it to correct this fault here and in other cases it would need to be removed and either repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.I would have the radio checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause here and then either reprogrammed by a dealer or repaired/replaced if reprogramming doesnt correct this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete