Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Audi a4 3.2: I have an 2009 Audi A4 3.2. I was driving at approx

Customer Question

I have an 2009 Audi A4 3.2. I was driving at approx 25 mph when wheel became very difficult to turn. This resulted in my hitting a curb and wrecking a front wheel and the steering mechanism. Estimate around $5,000-. Any reason for the steering malfunction? Will Audi step up and cover this problem even though it is off warrantee?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Marc, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I see if there might be any TSBs or recalls on this.
Check the power steering lines , rack, pump and reservoir for any signs of leaks or cause for air entering the system. This will cause cavitation and permanent damage to the pump and rack. It sounds like this is likely what happened with your vehicle. I see that it is a common occurance on these models in time but is mostly caused by age and wear of the components and will likely not be covered since your care is out of warranty unfortunately. You can gladly contact the dealer with your VIN and have them check for any recalls or service bulletins in a chance there might be something for some help but it is likely going to be an out of warranty repair on your 7 year old vehicle. What do you have for mileage on this vehicle?
Hi Marc, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.