John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

Emmssion light on all the time.garage reset but it came back

Customer Question

emmssion light on all the time.garage reset but it came back on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have tried system cleaner in the fuel but it has not changed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing else
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: no it is used 7 days a week.it done several 100k runs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello,The light comes on when the engine computer detects a problem. Simply resetting the light does not fix the problem. They should have found a trouble code. That code will give us an idea of what system or component is having a problem. If you can give me the code then I can help direct you to the testing needed to determine the exact fault. The code should be either a P followed by 4 digits or a 5 digit code.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Just following up to see what you figured out. PLease let me know if I can be of any further assistance and please don't forget to provide a positive rating if you found my efforts helpful.John