Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I just had a fuel gas pump replaced the other day because it

Customer Question

I just had a fuel gas pump replaced the other day because it was cracked. I still have a strong gas smell that gets into my car when I start my car in ht morning, It fades away after some time driving it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No my car is at the mechanic now but they say they can't see anything wrong with it
JA: OK! The Audi Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Anything else I can tell the Audi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Does this only occur on startup?It does not occur while driving, idling, or in traffic?Can it be smelt from outside the after startup?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is being fixed, thank you. It was a little piece, that what missing when they replace the new gas pump, it is called the the fuel fitting. Now it is working fine. thank you
Glad its resolved.