Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have an '06 Audi A6 Avant showing a P2404 code. I need to

Customer Question

I have an '06 Audi A6 Avant showing a P2404 code. I need to find the location of the LDP vacuum source line in the engine compartment to complete a smoke test. I have no vacuum @ the LDP line.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.There is a known issue with the fault code P2404 and Audi has released a service bulletin dealing with this and the proper repair. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. the Service bulletin follow up test steps in this link.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, I wish I had a better response for you. When I filled out the form I was asked to describe my car, which I did. It would be more helpful for us if you had looked at that information. You sent me a TSB update for an A4, I wrote that I have an A6. The A6 plastic hose does not appear to have a barb onto which the vacuum feed line for the LDP is attached. Could you please describe the location of the LDP vacuum source for me? My plastic line from the intake manifold is a two piece affair which has both joints at the cowl going into opposite ends of a rubber sleeve which goes through the cowl. I will await your reply, thanks,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am with holding a rating until we have finished.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all the information I have on this. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps another will have something new to add. If they can help, they will post back.