Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi 24: I have a 2004 Audi S4 B6 4.2. My wiring harness was

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Audi S4 B6 4.2. My wiring harness was trash - bought a new one. Installed it and the starter would not work. Rewired the starter, now it works. Got a code for low amperage - checked the battery (brand new, fully functional) but the alternator is not sending enough voltage. Weird, pre engine harness change the alternator was working just fine. Any suggestions/steps to running this problem down?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. While running what is the battery voltage?While running with the headlights, wipers and blower on, what is the battery voltage?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris