AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A4 Quattro: I have a 2009 Audi a4 2.0t quattro 4 door.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Audi a4 2.0t quattro 4 door. 130k miles
It had a semi rough idle for a while and then all of a sudden it wouldn't start by pushing the key in once, I had to hold it in and it was an incredibly violent idle. I went and got fuel at a high volume gas station, drove home and then it stalled in the driveway while in park.
Before this there were times I would accelerate heavily and occasionally it would be jerky
I have the following codes
p052a, p0016, p2279
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer Eric . I'm Wolfgang , Master VW/Audi tech here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. I do need some more information . How is the oil level?does the vehicle still run ?any recent repair work done?any recent accidents?please let me know! thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It had an oil change 1000 miles ago and level is still good. No accidents ever, I just replaced the cam sensor and the crank sensor yesterday and it is still running very rough at idle and will stall. Anything above(###) ###-####rpms and the runs smoothly.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.
i do believe the timing hs jumped due to the timing chain stretch and the chain tensioner extended to its maximum point. have the vehicle towed before any more damage takes place!!! right now the repair is not as much as replacement of the cylinder head . anything else?