Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs

Front door window (right, passenger) will not drop the half

Customer Question

Front door window (right, passenger) will not drop the half inch when i open the door and then the door will not close properly as the window gets stuck outside the convertible top.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also when this happens, the back and forth function on the seat back (the convenience feature to move the seat from the back to get inside the rear seat) will not work any time the window won't work. From time to tome the window fixes its self for just few hours, and the seat moving future starts working again too. I believe these 2 features are connected.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang , Master VW tech here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. On your issue the most likely cause is the door latch. The latch has 2 built in microswitches which tells if the door is open or closed and the latch is locked or not. the microswitches may be not working correctly causing this issue . the proper replir is the replacement of the latch . once that is repaired the window operation should be ok and normal again!! anything else?if not.....I try to be online 365 days a year.I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.ThanksWolfgang
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response.
How is that door latch issue connected with the seat back moving button stops working? (lower buttons work just fine all the time). When the window stops working, the seat back button and feature gets disabled. May be a module? Is there a right side seat and window module?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
if the seat has memory seats the seat is linked to the opening of the door . so if the microswitch is reading something that is not correct or switching can cause other issues. They are linked through communication lines. yes there are modules for both depending on equipment and option codes . need to repair the obvious "the latch" then recheck . it may be 2 separate issues here .
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already ordered the latch. Just in case, can you please give me the part number for this module (right, passenger) module? Mine is S-line and the vin is WAUBC48HX5K017768
Also the location of it in the car. Thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
let me see what i can do!!