Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

Ms.wright my rpm or rmp stays Ha Stays up once I start my car

Customer Question

Ms.wright my rpm or rmp stays Ha Stays up once I start my car as if I'm pushing the gas a6 2002 3.0
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't think its shifting right once I'm drive it stays between the 3 and 4 @ 70mph
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've already paid the deposit twice I check my account and it has been taken but I've still received no help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the wait. I just came online and seen your question.Does the rpm go down after a few minutes of warming up?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No only a lil
Thank you,This has an idle control solenoid and if its not returning to the normal idle speed then there is something wrong with and most likely will need replaced. A shop will charge about $125 for the repair.Larry My goal is that you are pleased with my answer(s). I strive for a positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after the rating.If you have further questions PLEASE just reply
Hi,did you have any further questions?