Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

2014 Audi Q7 with trailer tow package, want to wire up an

Customer Question

2014 Audi Q7 with trailer tow package, want to wire up an electric brake controller. Tring to find the blue electric brake wire inside of Q7. Graphic fig # ***** trailer tow circuit shows the wire behind the left kick panel. I thought that it was the panel to the left of the drivers legs but no luck. Any thoughts
Submitted: 7 months ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang , Master VW tech here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. there is a 4 pin connector with wires alredy prewired on the left side near the kick panel but higher taped to the main loom with a sponge grey surround to keep from making noise . the lower hush panel may need to be removed to gain access. that 4 pin connector has the power , ground , brake signal and the output wire that goes throught the trailer hitch module and then to the plug. have you hooked a trailer to see if all the lights operate normal on the trailer? please test and let me know!! thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.
Hello Wayne!! anything else?if not.....I try to be online 365 days a year.I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.ThanksWolfgang