sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2016 Audi A6. I would like to get an in depth and

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Audi A6. I would like to get an in depth and precise answer as to how to go about replacing the interior cabin air filter. I have done this on a Mercedes Benz "E" class but never on an Audi A6 so I have some idea as to what needs to be done but I do not know where to even start on my Audi A6, again, a clear and precise answer would be appreciated. I know you know your Audi's which is why I requested you. The clearer and more detailed the answer the easier it will be for both of us. Thanks.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello its tucked away in the passenger footwellhttps://youtu.be/fAnN86DdlDM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Matt:
I have already seen this video you answered with on Youtube.com and it does not apply to my car as the cabin air filter type as well as the filter shape is very different. Your video shows the cabin air filter to be a two piece unit, my 2016 is a single piece cabin air filter, also, there is a certain way to remove the plastic cover using a tool, what tool I am not sure. In any case this video applies to a 2006 thru 2011 Audi A6 and is not the precise description I was looking for, lastly, the video is very dark and I could barely seen what was going on. I am assuming you've never changed one on a 2016 Audi A6. I'm sorry but your answer is insufficient.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
fair enough in that case I'll opt out and open this back up to other experts as I don't this information good luck
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The only thing different between what is shown in the video and your vehicle is the design of the filter itself. Your car has a wider filter and access door and is indeed a one piece filter. The rest of the procedure is the same - the trim panel from underneath the heater box will need to be removed, the hook on the end of the access door needs to be disengaged and then the door removed, and then the filter can be slid out of the heater box. The only difference in procedure is the trim panel in the video had push in clips, the panel on yours has quarter turn fasteners that will need to be turned with a screwdriver to unlock them.