sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2012 Audi A6 2.0T a/c clutch relay were is located and what

Customer Question

2012 Audi A6 2.0T a/c clutch relay were is located and what number it is
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: I'm talking about air conditioning not transmission
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: I been very specific air conditioning relay location
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Audi Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No tanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I been waiting for the answer to my question
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Guys, I like this app, congratulations
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello I'm waiting for the answer to my question
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionThere is not an ac compressor clutch relay. Instead there is a control module which is built into the compressor itself - see attached
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have power to the air compressor, if I apply voltage to the compressor the air works normally
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Ok, possible causes are the climate control unit at the dash, the ac pressure transducer, ECU, or short or open in the wiring harness. This requires the use of a factory level scan tool that can communicate with each to command them on and off and test each
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you check the diagram you'll see a relay that energized the fuse I thing it is number 6 and also that circuit make it work the interior light which not either
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI,none of my factory diagrams show a relay. I will opt out and see if another expert can help.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for you help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does anyone is going to help me?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There isn't a relay or fuse in the compressor control system. The compressor clutch is controlled directly by the climate control module. If the compressor isn't being controlled it is either because of an open circuit between the module and compressor, it could be the module itself (unlikely), or it may not be commanding the compressor on due to an incorrect input. The wire from the module to the compressor can be tested, deeper testing from there will require a scan tool capable of communication with the climate control module.