Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have an Audi a5 cab. roof not working and vcds giving one

Customer Question

I have an Audi a5 cab. roof not working and vcds giving one fault code. 0004. switch for convertible top
B11A0 02(009). this changes to (137) if roof switch is operated
signal failure
Please help
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Audi has released a service bulletin dealing with a problem that may be the same as the problem you are having with your convertible top. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Have a look and see if this is the problem you are having. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ron.
The faults listed do not appear to be the fault with the roof. My client has decided to take it to Audi next week for diagnostics. there seems to be no record of this fault anywhere and unfortunatley I have no history of this car.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On live data I have picked up implausable signals but i have no access to flow diagrams for the roof
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately Audi dose not offer any flow charts that I can find. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps another may have what you need . I would still check and see if the bulletin I sent you applies as well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will check. My suspicion is the rear deck catch. will let you know
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Okay post back if need be and we can work from there.