Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

I have a 1996 audi s6, my radio is in safe lock and i dont

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have a 1996 audi s6
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my radio is in safe lock and i dont have the 4 digit code
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: car has original radio.I have vehicle vin and radio serial number if needed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?
Customer: no that is it.yes i am hoping to fix it myself .i am a mechanic by trade aswell.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
vehicle vin no. WAUKA84A0TN043751
RADIO SERIAL NO.AUZ1Z4T6400621
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases this code has to be obtained from a dealer and the dealer may not charge for this code if you provide proof of ownership and a photo ID.One other option is the link here http://www.radio-code.com/Audi-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm.If neither of these are options for you on this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi
thanks for the reply
tried that link but they dont list my model vehicle.
thanks for your help so far
peter

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please open up so maybe someone has some info
thanks

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

As of April 1, 2004, retrieval of Audi Anti-theft radio security codes using WIN DCS is no longer possible. Retrieval of radio security codes must be performed using GeKo.
Dealer Code can only be retrieved with Scan Tool plugged in to the DATA Link Connector of the Vehicle.
There is no other way.

That is why http://www.radio-code.com/Audi-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

no longer can supply codes

this has nothing to do with our service, it is Audi that did this

.'

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there a scan tool that will be able to do this that i can buy somewhere?

very sorry.....no, other than Dealer, as they have to connect to Audi for the Code.
This was a change in 2004 & the Dealer needs to be familiar with this Code retrival