Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner

I need to know where the park neutral safety switch is on my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I need to know where the park neutral safety switch is on my car
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car is a 2003 audi a4 1.8t
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: vin waujc68e83a215958 and yes Im fixing it
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: no just that issue
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The safety neutral switch is part of the trans range sensor, located on the side of the trans, (see attached diagram)

Multi-Function Transmission Range (TR) Switch -1- is located at left on transmission

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i can not find this switch on this vehicle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Vin # *****
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

I see, thanks. Does it have the CVT automatic trans?