AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner

2009 Q7 front bumper. We replaced the front bumper and it

Customer Question

2009 Q7 front bumper. We replaced the front bumper and it appears to be sitting about A quarter of an inch to low. Do you have any suggestions on how to raise it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 7 months ago.

Hello. something has to be missing. Is it just low in the middle, or is it also low where it meets the fenders as well?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we raised the rubber adjustments on the hood and it raised the hood to match the fenders. But this makes the pop when you try to open it. It appears that the radiator support may be lower. Is there any adjustment on the radiator support that will allow the support to come up?

i have attached the removal and installation procedure for it. I would suggest loosening the bolts and attempting to lift it as much as possible, then tightening the bolts back up. Please let me know if this is of any help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm thinking that the front unibody rails may be bent down. Are all Audi Q7's this difficult to fix?

Every audi I have worked on has been a bit of a project, yes. Everything from catalytic converter replacements that require the engine to be raised up, to timing belts that require the front end to be removed. Nice vehicles though. I would have to agree about the possibility of the frame rails being bent down. I have removed quite a few audi bumpers to do timing belts and other jobs and this has never been an issue. I have access to all the repair data though if you need something.

Was the car in an accident or anything?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do you have anything that shows how to tie one of these vehicles down to pull the unibody? Also we are getting a warning on the dash about servicing the automatic headlight adjusting system. Is this something that needs to go back to the dealer? I'm from Omaha Nebraska it's 402 AM here where are you located?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we are a body shop. We did not see any signs of the unibody being bent when we started. It didn't appear to be hit that bad.

I wouldn't have any information on straightening the unibody. It is 4:05am. I will look for information about the headlamp adjusting system. one minute.

oK, since you are a bodyshop, I am going to assume that what ever issue there is with the headlamps, it is most likely in the front of the vehicle, and not the module in the passenger compartment. Here is the information on the headlamp alignment actuator.

The alignment sensors are located in the headlamp housing beneath the gas discharge lamp. It can not be replaced separately if faulty.

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 6 months ago.

Hello. How did it work out? Did you still need help?