AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Have a 2009 Audi s5 batter is dead. Tried to use the key in

Customer Question

have a 2009 Audi s5 batter is dead. Tried to use the key in the drives door. Can't get it to turn.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Batter is dead. So the fob will not unlock the door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply.

Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

You will need a can of PB Blaster penetrating oil and using the straw part with the penetrating oil can shoot inside the cylinder. allow the chemical to work and try the key again you may have to do this multiple times to get the tumblers in the cylinder to unfreeze . once that frees up then you can get to the battery to replace .

there is no really other ways unless using a professional lock out kit to open the drivers door!!

anything else?