internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing Audi vehicles for over 15 years. I specialized in German diagnostic.
63512786

I read disconnecting power to solenoid will stop the p00010

Customer Question

i read disconnecting power to solenoid will stop the p00010 code from coming up and help verify that the problem is the solenoid. is it safe to run the engine with the cat solenoid not operating?
Category: Audi
Expert:  internal88 replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you can disconnect the power to the solenoid. yes, it would be safe to run the engine while idling. Do not rev the engine high.

Do this test:

Before condemning the Camshaft Adjuster, be sure to check the following:

A. Verify oil pressure with a fully warmed up engine. Typical specs are as follows:
At idle, oil pressure should be 1.2-1.6 bar (17-23 PSI). At 2000 RPM, oil pressure should be 2.5-4.5 bar (36-65 PSI).

Be sure to verify oil pressure specs for specific applications.

B. Remove the valve cover and inspect the pad that the timing chain rides on. Any damage to the pad is found, the camshaft adjuster will need to be replaced.

C. Verify the timing belt and timing chain timing. All marks must line up together. There has to be 16 rollers between the timing marks for the timing chain.

D. If Camshaft Adjuster fails in any way and oil pressure and camshaft timing are all correct, the issue lies with the adjuster assembly.