peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2015 a8L and a new iPhone 6s. my phone is

Customer Question

i have a 2015 a8L and a new iPhone 6s. my phone is constantly dropping calls and switching to the mike i have reset both and still no progress. my iPhone 6s doesn't have any other bluetooth issues with any other device - pure audio in the a8L also works fine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: rebooting, resetting, forgetting the connection, turn on/off bluetooth, delete device on car,
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: no worries
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the software for the blue tooth or phone system in your vehicle may need updated to be fully compatible with the Iphone 6 and operate properly as well.I have seen this needed to be done on several models for the newer Iphone.The dealer needs to check the software to see if any updates are available to install into your model here.They can also contact their tech support to see if they have any options on how to update or correct this here as well.I would start with this to see if this resolves the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete