Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Where is the relay switch located 2007 audi rs4, My car is

Customer Question

Where is the relay switch located 2007 audi rs4
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car is completely dead and wont turn on even with a jump
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Giving it a boost
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: Thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Audi Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what relay switch you are looking for. There is no relay that will cause the complete system to be dead. Are you sure the battery is fully charged and the cables are clean and tight? Let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
everything is connected and it is a new optima redtop battery
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay so what relay switch are you looking for?

Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

All main power comes from the main fuse link (150 amp) located in the power wire coming from the battery to the under hood fuse panel. Are all your fuse dead under the hood in the panel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That might be it the. Cause all my fuses are still in tact. Also my car wouldnt start right away not even a crank noise would come out of it. I would have to keep turning and turning the ignition until it would randomly turn on
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay then start with checking to see if you have power (key on) at all the fuses in the under hood fuse pane and if not then check the fuse link in the power wire in the harness from the battery to the fuse panel.