cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

My name is ***** *****. My 2010 a4 had a misfire on all. I

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** *****. My 2010 a4 had a misfire on all for cylinders. I was told the engine had little or no compression. Is it possible to replace the coil packs to see if that would help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok so my check engine light came on about 3 days ago. The car was fine while driving but once I stopped, there was some hesitation in the engine. The check engine light started to blink and shortly after that some sputtering of the engine. I took it to the audi dealership and that's when I was told would basically need a new engine. Has any of you customers had this issue?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

no if the engine has almost no compression then c hanging the coil packs is just going to be a waste of time more then likely the head is cracked witch is causing your loss of compression if you need anything else let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance