peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 audi s4 4.2 v8 with some codes, first it was

Customer Question

i have a 2005 audi s4 4.2 v8 with some codes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: first it was p0021 and p0011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: thank you
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: and now codes p0345 and p0340
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: the are all cam advancement codes
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine is running rough with this issue with the codes here or hard starting you may have worn or damaged timing components needing replaced to correct this issue.I have seen worn timing components cause the codes here as well as other issue some cases and had to have the timing components inspected for wear or damage and the affected components replaced.If you want info on each code and what it stands for let me know but I do suspect a timing component failure here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete