Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I am ***** *****. This is a 2003 audi TT with a concert

Customer Question

Hi I am ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is a 2003 audi TT with a concert radio. it is in safe mode after a battery replacement. I have followed the instructions to hold the rds and scan buttons simultaneously but it is not coming to the 1000 number so i can enter the safe code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Audi has released a service bulletin which deals with the code retrieval once the radio is locked , I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Radio%20code%20Mar%203.pdf

Unfortunately if you do not have access to the proper equipment this usually has to be done by your dealer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As mentioned in the original question I have the safe code. I have followed the instructions on entering the code but the 1000 (default safe code) does not come up after holding the rds and scan key for 3 seconds. If I could get the 1000 code to come up then I could enter the safe code. I service bulletin does not help.
Can someone look at this question again?
Thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I can open the post back up for you but first try the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. If this dose not unlock it let me know and Ill reopen the post for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Safe%20mode%20Mar%203.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried these steps prior to submitting my question. Please reopen the post.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Doing so now. Best you and thank you just the same. Hopefully some may have something new to offer.