AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2004 Audi A4. My hazard light switch is staying

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Audi A4. My hazard light switch is staying illuminated and won't turn off, even when the car is off. My battery is being drained enough so that it won't start. So, I'm assuming my hazard light switch is the problem but there must be more. How do I fix this?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

That does sound like the switch is just bad, (shorted). Have you tried with it unplugged?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
even if it was bad. That shouldn't be enough to drain the battery like that. A light that small can stay on for a long time and the car should start up no problems.
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Do you know how many amps is it drawing with the switch unplugged?

How long does it take to drain the battery to the point of not starting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've also noticed the lights to the left of the steering wheel, the ones that illuminate the headlights/fog lights switch stay on and the lights on the rear view mirror (compass light) stay on as well
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

I see, thanks. So it's a little bit more than we originally anticipated? There may be more to it then. Do all of the light go out when any particular fuse is pulled?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll have to go through the fuses and check one by one. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, they all must be linked together somehow.
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

It is more likely that they are all related, yes, thanks