peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I was looking up the reset process radio safe mode. I do

Customer Question

I was looking up the reset process for the radio safe mode. I do have an unrelated question. Can you point me to any tips on how to open the glove box of an Audi TT when the handle came off?
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I dont show a procedure for this myself and when this usually occurs you can try and locate the component the handle grabbed or triggered and try and release the door by activating it or in some cases the latch has to be broke out to then open it and then the latch and handle replaced.There usually isnt an easy procedure to get it opened when this occurs here like this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,I was hoping for a little more detail, photo of the assembly that I need to try and release or break out. My independent Audi/VW has recommended that I take my car to the Audi dealer where they can remove the entirr glove box and install a new one. Of course that's an expensive job. The glove box alone will cost me more than a $1,000. Who knows how many labor hours it'll take.Greg

Unfortunately this is the only info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete