peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My issue is installed new starter and car did start but

Customer Question

my issue is installed new starter and car did start but after driving and shutting it off the starter just clicked when I tried to start it. Could it be the ground? Has been battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that it has a new starter and battery and ignition switch, but now when try to start it just clicked
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the starter wiring connections for any loose or damaged connections connected to it.If a fault is found with any of the connections it will need corrected to resolve this here.If this is all o.k. check the battery ground cable and power cable connections at the battery and especially where the ground runs and connects to the engine and body for any issues.If a fault is found with the ground or the cables this will need corrected.All of these will cause this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete