sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My Audi A 6 is no longer showing FM and AM bands. Just

Customer Question

Hi there My Audi A 6 is no longer showing FM and AM bands. Just Sirius. I've reset it several times to no avail.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband was reinstalling the rear view mirror and leaned on the console while doing it. When we turned the car back on it would only show us sirus radio (which we do not subscribe to) So when we hit "band" under the FM/AM function, the only selection we have is sirius radio no am and fm band selection
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This would most likely be a failure of the radio itself if it won't let you even switch to FM. If it would switch but there was no sound then an antenna issue would be more likely.

What year is the car?

What did you do to try to reset it?