peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2010 Audi a5 convertible and the roof has start

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2010 Audi a5 convertible and the roof has start leaking.
6 months ago some water came in on the drivers side above the windshield but now the rain comes in on the passenger side and gets the seat pretty wet.
This does not happen at all when I go through a car wash. It only happens when it rains very heavily. I park on a downward slope and perhaps that makes this problem worse..don't know..
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like the roof seal itself is at fault here.I have seen the roof seal leak before on several models needing replaced to correct issues like this here.This should be where the roof seals to the body above the windshield.I would have this seal checked to see if it has flattened out needing replaced to correct this fault here.I suspect it will need replaced or an adjustment made to the top to correct the tightness of the roof fit to the seal.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete