Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

I have a 2005 audi S4, my car was fine, i got a car wash

Customer Question

i have a 2005 audi S4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my car was fine, i got a car wash today and the check engine light came on, an EPC light came on as well as a Triangle with a circle around it + an arrow at the bottom. i went to drive it around the block and it wouldn't accellerate very well, i would hit 3,000 rpms while slowly climbing to 30, 40 then 50 mph... i went 0-60 in about 60 seconds...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 9 months ago.

I can help you by any chance do you have a scan tool to check the trouble codes stored in the ecm ??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No i do not have a scan tool. I read in a forum to turn the ignition to acc, tap the gas ten times, turn engine to off and sit for a few minutes.......started right up and codes went away....
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 9 months ago.

The codes are still stored in the ecm the light might have gone away but they are still in the ecm memory you will need a scan tool to check the faults the most common issue when this happens is related to a issue with the throttle body causing the concern , first step i recommend you check is have the faults checked. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you