Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

I have a 2016 Audi A5 with a slightly bent rear subframe. I

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Audi A5 with a slightly bent rear subframe. I have the new one in from Audi parts dept. Do I have to remove the exhaust system, rear differential, complete rear suspensions, and the parking brake cables to replace this rear subframe?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That will be good if you can give me some help with that rear subframe. thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay in getting to you. You are correct. An this car (or any car with a rear subframe, for that matter), the rear differential, exhaust, brake cables, etc, all of that needs to be removed before the rear subframe can be replaced. Think of it like this: When the car is assembled, the first thing under the back of the car installed is the subframe. Therefore, everything under it needs to come off.