Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
2947720

Roman Im attempting to locate the crankshaft locking hole

Customer Question

Hi Roman Im attempting to locate the crankshaft locking hole for a 4.2 Audi engine where the hell is it!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ermm no more details the engine is a 2008 with engine code CAUA
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The TDC lock pin hole is on the bottom side of the engine, (below the starter). Please see attached diagram.

.

There is also a hole in the upper oil pan for the preliminary TDC for the crankshaft that uses the same tool. Second diagram.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. Thanks.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****