AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Its a 2009 Audi 2.0L TFSI with an oil pressure issue. So far

Customer Question

Hello, its a 2009 Audi 2.0L TFSI with an oil pressure issue. So far I've changed the oil pump, oil control valve. The oil pressure drops to nil at idle when warm but raises with revs. I've heard that the intermediate shaft fails causing this issue. Thoughts? Thanks.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 9 months ago.

This is fairly common to these engine and yes it could be the hex drive in the balancer shaft assy. It can spin, so although the chain is on, the oil pump isnt driven. You need to take the hex shaft out of the pump (small circlip) and see if the edges are worn off.

Need new balancer shaft assy + modifed gears + modified sump required if this is the case etc.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My apologies, it's actually a 2012. Does this also apply to the second gen TFSI's?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This would be the early gen FSI models. I'm referring to the TFSI models..

Let me do a little more research